TreeCapitator Mod 1.12.2/1.11 is an essential addition to the game that will make you appreciate your wood cutting skills all over again! The moment this mod touches down, everything but 2 blocks of any tree are removed and turned into regular logs or branches depending on what type they were originally made out for (block-high monstrosities beware!). You’ll also get saplings as well which can then be salvaged back with some redstone circuits if needed later when making something new happenin’ – just don’t forget about those leafs though ’cause there’s no point in having a buncha twigs without leaves 🙂
The mod config menu allows you to adjust a lot of different settings, including how much time it takes for your axe or shears. You can also decide if certain blocks are too high up in trees and make adjustments accordingly- all without having someone else hold on tight while they’re chopping!
How to install TreeCapitator Mod:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
– Can break any properly coded log out of the box (see .minecraft/config/TreeCapitator.cfg for details)
– Sneak while chopping to break logs normally (configurable)
– Configurable list of tool IDs to determine what an “axe” is
– optional item damage based on number of logs broken (defaults to enabled)
– optional increasing item damage per block broken (off by default)
– Smart tree-detection (configurable)
– option to destroy leaves (enabled by default)
– option to shear leaves (with a shear-type item in hotbar)
– option to shear vines (with a shear-type item in hotbar)
– disable drops in creative
– disable tool requirement
– mod version checking (never miss a new feature)
Some notes on how it works:
– Trees are determined by looking at the number of leaf blocks that neighbor the top block of a vertical column of logs.
– If the top block has 3 or more neighboring leaf blocks the code considers that column of logs to be a tree.
– If the top block does not have 3 neighboring leaf blocks the code will default to normal block breaking.
– Axes and Shears that have the Unbreaking enchantment will work the way they are supposed to.
– Damage is applied to the item as each block is broken in the chain.
– The allowMoreBlocksThanDamage setting should be self-explanitory, but basically it means that if it is set to false and your item breaks in the middle of chopping down a tree, the remaining blocks will not be broken.
– The code will not search for other axes in your hotbar to apply damage to if your current axe breaks.
– If you have multiple “shear-type” items in your hotbar, the code will always apply damage to the left-most item.
– Shearing vines doesn’t get every vine It seems to favor vines hanging on the Western face of the tree.
– The destroyLeaves setting MUST be set to true in order for shearLeaves or shearVines to work.
– The shearLeaves and shearVines settings can be enabled independently of each other.
– Yes, sometimes a few leaf blocks are left behind after chopping a tree, but they will decay normally.
TreeCapitator Mod Screenshots: